Hello! Today I'm extremely happy to share with you the first post in our new column - Trend shake. Welcome and let's get started! We are in 2014 and it's time to have a look at what it means in terms of design trends. It seems that one of the most dominating color trends this year will be blue and it's different hues. Three trendy shades: light blue, teal and turquoise are going to rock 2014, so whether you are planning to redecorate or simply add a splash of color, I'll show you some of my favorite ways to invite blue into home. Ready?
Shade no. 1 - LIGHT, PALE BLUE - 'A breath of fresh air' (number 806) has been announced by Benjamin Moore as the color of the year. The color is very airy so it can help to brighten the room and give a calm, fresh feel.
Works best with the following combinations:
1. Light blue + white + gray - for a balanced look
2. Light blue + peachy pink + honey-tone woods - for a romantic look
3. Light blue + indigo blue - for an oceanic look
4. Light blue + pop of neon - for a eclectic look
5. Light blue + white + honey-tone woods for a cozy look
6. Light blue + white & black - for an elegant look
Shade no. 2 - TEAL is Dulux color of the year. It combines the tranquility of blue, and harmony of green, creating balanced and sophisticated hue. It represents stability and confidence.
1. Teal + white + wood- for a natural look
2. Teal + coral + gold- for a homespun look
3. Teal + soft pink - for a bohemian look
4. Teal + yellow + black details - for a modern, energetic look
Shade no. 3 - TURQUOISE - According to Michele Boodro, Editor of Elle decor, turquise hue will be also trending this year. It will be showed up in upholstery, wall coverings and on furniture.
1. Turquoise wall + black & white geometric patterns + pop of another color - for a creative, trendy look
2. Pop of turquoise accessories + white + wood - for a subtle look
3. Turquoise sofa/carpet + other shades of blue (light blue & navy blue) - for an Artistic look
So which one is your favorite shade? Light blue? Teal? Turquoise? What other colors would you combine it with? Would you redecorate according to these color palettes?
Light blue : 1,2,3,4 - 5,6,7 - 8,9 - 10,11 - 12,13 - 14,15
Teal: 1,2,3,4 - 5,6 - 7,8, - 9,10
Turquoise: 1,2 - 3,4 - 5,6